zaterdag 16 mei 2009

Why do women think men lie and cheat?

I honestly believe that most men can't lie. At least not lie convincingly. Because if we do, we often get caught. Let's say for example that I say that I can't go to somebody's party because I have to go to the dentist (but in reality I'm going to another party). They always will find out. Maybe women have a 7th sense (we all know they have a 6th sense anyway). Or maybe we men are so honest that we don't have the time and occasion to practice.
Did you know that girls also cheat more at exams than boys? It has been statistically proven. And it hasn't been proven, then somebody should prove it quickly anyway.

But let's not lose track of my point. I wanted to tell you about Honesty and Man. Once upon a time I had been accused of being a liar. Not once, not twice, but thrice! The accusations were based on nothing but some silly fantasies of a crazy woman. I felt like Saint Peter who had been warned by Jesus that he would deceive Him three times before the rooster would crow. But the fact was that that woman was no Jesus, and I'm not a rooster.

Let me paint the picture: I had invited her at my place. Or she had invited herself, that is not important since I was happy to have her around. She knew I didn't have a relationship. At least not with other women. Or men. Simple, I had no other relations.

So why did I have a box of chocolates on the table, heart-shaped on top of that!. ACCUSATION NUMBER 1 : I must have received that from another girl!
Still, the explanation was quite simple: I had organized a guided tour and every participant had received a box of chocolates (Neuhaus, for those of you who know the chocolate world

So why did I have 2 (empty) glasses Pisang Ambon in my bathroom?
ACCUSATION NUMBER 2 : I had taken a bath with a girlfriend while drinking.
I invite everybody to come and visit my bathroom. Really, you don't need to make an appointment, just come and have a look. It is a bath where I do not have a lot of space, let alone make it fit two people. I agree that being close to the one you love can be very romantic, like two fish in a little bowl. But honestly, it is not something I would recommend to anybody. So what is the true reason behind the two glasses. Ok, I admit it, I am not the most tidy person in the world and please do call Anonymous Alcoholics, I drank two glasses on two different occassions and forgot to take the glasses down So what ? Sue me !

So why were there make-up pads lying in my dustbin?
ACCUSATION 3 : I had a secret lover who first had to make herself pretty for me and then had to take off the make-up to make her ugly for the rest of the world.
Yes, how would I ever find a way to explain that. Maybe I liked dressing up like a woman? Or I organized a Halloween Party and Dracula had to tend to his bleeding lips? Or was the rumour true that I have little goblins in my attic who organize parties all night long?
Maybe I should have told her the truth, that one of my students had taken off her make-up because after a long day at the reception of BIAC she got fed up with wearing a painting on her face

But why do women like to search my dustbin?

Oh, a very important Post Scriptum: I did a test in Facebook, and it turns out I am a natural-born Liar (Liar, Liar, your pants are on fire)...so if you believe everything I write here on this blog, then you have been warned :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten