zaterdag 16 mei 2009

My Education - Part 2

I started looking for a suitable major and decided to try "Translating and Interpreting", a 4 year course with led to a "Licentiate Degree" but is now called "Master in Translation".

Initially I wanted to take a language that was not so popular. Danish for example. But a few days before giving my final decision, the Danish government fell and I didn't liked the language so much. I know it is silly taking such a decision without first checking out the languages, but that's what happened: I decided to go for Italian and English. An good choice, because the College provided me with an excellent background, not only in languages but in many other subjects.

When I first started there, the school was called "Hoger RijksInstituut voor Vertalers en Tolken", later it became "RVT" and now it is called Erasmushogeschool

I will write more later, but after 4 years (1983-1987) I graduated with a dissertation about "Cocaine: Influences on the brain, a translation with glossary".

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten