dinsdag 12 mei 2009

The White Album - The Beatles

The first time I really understood the power of music, was around 1975. I must have been 7 or 8, and my dad had strongly warned me not to touch his stereo. We had a Dual record player, pioneer tuner, and Uher tape recorder (one of those big ones with 12 inch tapes).

And in the closet was a nice selection of music that was popular around that time: Herb Alper, The Two Man Sound, Marva and some Russian folk music. And also a white album. It said "the Beatles" in white letters. And inside were 4 A4-size pictures of guys with long hair. I put the record on, and hadn't noticed that the volume dial was pushed all the way. The sound of the airplane (the beginning of "Back in the USSR") blasted through the loud speakers. Luckily nobody was home. My first encounter with the Beatles. They would never leave me.

Until this day The White Album is still my favourite Beatles album, because it is so eclectic.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten