donderdag 14 mei 2009

Star Wars Exhibition in Brussels

this article was first published on March 30, 2008

I have always been a big Star Wars fan. But initially the thought of seeing "Star Wars" did not thrill me. You see, my dad took me almost every weekend to see a movie. Mostly war movies. And when I heard about "Star Wars" I thought it was another war movie.

A friend of mine, Maarten, had already seen the movie and convinced me it was worth it. And then my mum got invited to a premiere because she had a toy shop that sold Star Wars models. I was immediately a big fan. My favourite movie is still The Empire Strikes Back because of the great scene on Hott and the amazing discovery that Darth Vader is not who we thought he was.

I understand that some people were disappointed with The Phantom Menace, but we should not compare a movie that we saw when we were 10 years old with another one when we are 33.

Anyway, I was going to tell you something about the Star Wars Exhibition in Brussels. Well, if you are a big Star Wars fan, you will like it (and probably love it). Although it is a bit small and some of the exhibits are not so impressive, it does have some real attractions. Especially with children it is a nice exhibition.

If you are not a great fan, then you better skip this one. Not only is it very expensive, but there is not a lot of information about how they made the movies.

You can check out some pictures on my Deviantart account : Thorgal67

More info about the exhibition : Star Wars Exhibition

TOUR & TAXIS, HAVENLAAN 86C, 1000 BRUSSEL

7 days a week until the 1st of June
10 a.m. until 6 p.m.(last entry 5 p.m.)
10 a.m. until 7 p.m. (last entry 6 p.m.) on Saturday and Sunday
Jedi Experience on Wednesday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday

Tickets are on sale at the exhibition:

Adults: €13
Students under 25 years old, children under 12 years old and groups above 15 persons: €10
Children under 5 go free

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten