zondag 17 mei 2009

List of All my Cars

First publishes April 2008
Ok, I'm trying to remember all the cars I ever owned. Strange, it's quite difficult. But then again I've never been a big car freak. Whenever the car drove smoothly without any technical problems, I was happy.

Getting my driving licence was not so difficult. On the theoretical I scored 36/40, which was sufficient and the practical exam went fine as well. I remember my father saying it didn't look so good, but in the end I passed without any major hiccups.

My first car was a Citroën : The Citroën AX. A nice black cool minicar. It's also the car I had my first (and only) accident with. I took my right of way and another car that hadn't seen me drove straight into me. Quite a lot of material damage but nothing dramatic

My second car was a Fiat : The Fiat Punto. A green one this time.

Then I got the opportunity to buy a Triumph Spitfire 1500. A wonderful little car (see picture) but also a problematic child. Everytime I drove somewhere, it needed some kind of repair. But it is without a doubt the car that gave me my best memories. Driving it to Holland with Iris, going to Wales with Stasja, discovering the Flemish Ardennes with Thelma... I called my car Roxanne by the way. The last years it was waiting in my garage for better times. Now I sold it and hope it will once again enjoy driving on the roads.

My next car was again a Fiat. A dark-red Fiat Tempra. It was my first family-sized car and made it more easy to drive long distances with more than 3 people. Trips to Poland for example, or driving to Germany.

My present car is an Opel Astra. Black, sleek, and very reliable. It took me through the Baltics and down to Spain.

And very soon I will get a new car: a Renault Scenic. I'm looking forward to that.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten