woensdag 13 mei 2009

Friday 13th - Bad Luck in Bremen

This article was first published on Friday 13th, 2007

In April we visited my brother and his family in Peer, then we drove to Düsseldorf to meet Anja and finally we drove to Bremen with Claudia’s family to celebrate her mum’s birthday. What was supposed to be a nice little get-together turned into something close to a nightmare!

On our first day (Friday the 13th) somebody broke into the hotel and stole all our stuff : 2 laptops, mobile phone, mp3 player, exams by Claudia’s students (which they had to redo later that month…poor children), all of Claudia’s pictures which had been burned on CDs. This means that for most people I don’t have their telephone number anymore. Please send me an sms with your full name so I can add you again.

At night we went to the police office to look at pictures of criminals, but no luck. And now 8 months later I received a letter from the Bremen Police saying that they are closing the case as they have no chance of finding them.
I didn’t lose a lot of money as the hotel was insured and most of my stuff was quite new, but Claudia’s pictures were of course irreplaceable.

We tried to have a good time in Bremen and in the end we did enjoy ourselves (the weather was great) but there will always be a part of me that associates Bremen with bad luck and Friday 13th.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten