donderdag 10 februari 2011

A Tribute to Madonna

On Sunday I went to Evergem (near Ghent) for the second show of A Tribute to Madonna Dancing Queen, an amazing spectacular spectacular tribute to the Queen of Pop. I had already participated in the first show (not as a dancer of course, but as a photographer) and this time they were going to Flanders to perform in a cultural centre.

The first time i ran around all the time, taking pictures wherever I could. This time the roles were better divided and I arrived around 4pm to register the rehearsals. You could already feel the tension rising and small (or bigger) problems with costumes, dvd players and lighting caused visible stress among all the volunteers and dancers/singers.

I'm quite happy about the pictures I took during rehearsals, as you can be like a fly on the wall and steal great shots. I uploaded some pictures on a English-speaking blog here or on my Facebook account.
During the show I agreed to take pictures from far away while another photographer (Alain) took close-ups. The lighting was not very good and even with my Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens I had problems getting sharp pictures, even with my tripod. I hope my colleague had more luck. Still, i managed to get some good photographs at the end of each choreography when the music stopped and the dancers froze.
In the end, I was amazed at the professionalism, the fun and the commitment of all the participants. Congratulations to everybody!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten