maandag 7 maart 2011

A letter from Monique - 13 years later

I'm slowly putting all my belongings in boxes, since I will join my wife and daughter very soon in our new house here in Belgium. I stumbled across a letter from a penpal of mine, Monique. It was so funny to read again about our lives 13 years ago.
 
She had paid me a visit here in Grimbergen,somewhere in October 1996 and I took her to the Mamoet (our local youth club/pub), we went to a concert of "Boerenzonen op Speed" who had just released there first (and only) massive hit: "Vel tegen Vel" - Skin against Skin. We also went to a disco party, co-organized by my cousin Johan.
And here is a short extract of what Monique wrote to me : "I hear you have a computer at home. Do you also have internet? And what is so fun about it, I hear it's mostly waiting, waiting, waiting".
How things can change :-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten